Friday, March 8, 2013

Easy Pumpkin Muffins

Drew's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Scally, and her husband are expecting a little boy in May, and we are very excited for them!  Mr. Scally's family - his parents, his three brothers, the brothers' wives and kids - all go to our church.  The Scally family planned the baby shower for this new little Scally baby that is coming in May, and when I asked my friend Beth (one of the Scally sisters-in-law) what I could do to help with the shower, she asked if I could bake some muffins.  
When I found out that she needed me to make 72 muffins (4 batches), I was a little nervous, but the recipe she gave me ended up being very simple, and I was able to get them all done in an afternoon.  The recipe started with a cake mix, and it came together very easily.  They were delicious, and I had many people at the shower tell me how much they enjoyed them.
Pumpkin Muffins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
Mix flour and brown sugar and cut in butter.  Set aside.

Muffin Batter:
1 Spice cake mix (We used Duncan Hines.)
1 15-oz. can of pumpkin
3 eggs
1/4 cup water

Mix ingredients until well-combined.  Scoop batter into greased or lined muffin cups.  Top batter with a heaping spoonful of streusel topping.  Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.  Leave muffins in the muffin tin for a few minutes and then remove and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.  Enjoy!

No comments: