Friday, March 27, 2009

Fourth Grade Fun

We had a fun week at school this week. One Tuesday, we went on a tour of the Morley Candy Factory. We've been reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," and this was a follow-up to that book. We saw a video about chocolate, and then we got to see the candy kitchen where the workers were making chocolate. We couldn't take any pictures of the kitchen, but I took this picture in the lobby. The moose is the Morley mascot. Today was Storybook Character Day. We had Pocahontas, Strawberry Shortcake, Little Red Riding Hood, Paul Bunyan, a pirate, and Abraham Lincoln.
Linda Ollila was Waldo.
Terry Fenton was Amelia Bedelia.
I was Madeline. Where's Waldo?


The elementary teachers all dressed up and read books about our characters.
On another happy note, my friend Beth Scally, who was the fourth grade teacher when I taught first grade had her second little boy this afternoon - Grant Scally. I can't wait to meet him! I am hoping to go see them at the hospital tomorrow.

2 comments:

becka said...

Loved the costumes!

Rob said...

I love the pictures, Meg!