Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Drew's Birthday

For the past three years, Drew's birthday has always seemed to bring on the beginning of Spring-like weather here in Michigan. I remember going into the hospital in my winter coat, and coming out five days later to much nicer, warmer weather the year Drew was born.
Drew and I went outside for about an hour yesterday to play. He has been wanting to ride in his truck all winter. When we go out to the garage to get in the car, he often goes over to his truck and says "truck." I keep telling him that he can ride it soon, but it has been so cold for so long. He got to ride it yesterday, and he was so happy! George, of course, rode in the back.
We also took a long walk through the neighborhood with the wagon.
We had to wait to open Drew's gifts until last night since Jim and I both worked yesterday morning, and I left very early that morning, before Drew was even up, to take my car in for repairs. My parents sent Drew a package of presents, so he opened those last night.
He got a flashlight,
a new George with pajamas,

a George ball,
some Patch the Pirate cds from Uncle Mark and Aunt Katie,
a Corduroy bear and book,
an Elmo book,
and a box of Teddy Grahams.

Both grandmas and Grandpa also gave money toward the new bookcase that Jim and I wanted to get for Drew. We got it this weekend, and Jim put it together last night. Once we are done with the changing table, we will bring the bookcase into Drew's room.
Drew had a very nice birthday, and we can hardly believe that he has been part of our family for two whole years!

1 comment:

becka said...

Very cute. Can't wait to see you both in one month!

Love,
Mom