Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sock Monkeys

I wanted to share these sock monkeys I made as Christmas gifts for our friends' children. This was the first time I had ever made sock monkeys, and I found them to not really be that difficult, but rather time-consuming. I thought that they turned out to be pretty cute, and I hope that the children who received them will enjoy playing with them. I bought a pair of argyle socks to make a monkey for Drew for his birthday in March. I'll try to remember to post a picture when I get it finished.
I have two weeks at home before I go back to teaching part-time for the rest of the school year. This is just a temporary return to school - I am filling in for a teacher who is leaving to have a baby. I will be teaching fourth grade in the mornings and then coming home to spend my afternoons with Drew. This new schedule will be quite different for us, and we are praying that we will all transition well and that this will be a positive experience for our family.
Drew came home grumpy from morning church and napped badly this afternoon. When I got him up from his nap, I noticed that he felt warm. After taking his temperature, I realized that he had a low fever. We will probably be spending a few days at home.

No comments: