Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Project Life 2014 - Weeks 32 and 33

Week 32:
During the first part of this week, we were still in South Carolina.  On Sunday afternoon, Jim, Drew, my dad, brother, brother-in-law, and nephew went to a minor league baseball game.  After the game, the kids got to run the bases.  Drew helped his little cousin, Ryan, run the bases.
The boys were very excited!

It was a hot afternoon, but everyone had a fun time, and I was impressed that Jim and my dad remembered to take a few pictures for me!
While the guys were at the game, my mom, sister, niece, Maddie, and I stayed back at my parents' house and had a dip and Frozen (the movie) party.  Each of the ladies made a dip.  I made Spinach Artichoke Dip,
my sister made Texas Trash Dip,
and my mom made S'mores Dip.  They were all delicious!
We all watched Frozen while we ate our dips.
When the guys got home from their game, they tried the dips too.  Drew loved the S'mores dip!
Drew felt very big when my sister let him feed her little girl a bottle.  It was cute to see him holding her (somewhat awkwardly) and giving her the bottle.
We had a great week with my family, and we were sad to have to say goodbye.
We spent the end of the week getting unpacked and back into a routine at home.  Jim's mom had missed the kids while we were gone, so they went over to see her for a few hours one afternoon.  Her apartment building has a few swings out front, and the kids love to sit on them when they go see her.
We went out for lunch at a pizza buffet on Saturday.  Jim had taken the kids there once before when I was at a bridal shower, and they wanted me to come along this time and experience it.  Maddie loved the pasta on the buffet.
Drew was excited to try a few video games after lunch.
Maddie rode the horse.
Here's what I did for Week 32:

Week 33:
I caught these two cat-napping on the couch one afternoon.
Our garden was really progressing this week.  We started getting some tomatoes.

Our bell peppers were growing well too.
Our church got a new game this summer, called Nine Squares.  Drew loves to play after church!
Maddie took good care of her baby.  She kept tucking her in
and wanting me to help her wrap the baby in her blanket.
This week, we had a lot of flooding in our area.  Jim got caught in the flooding after work.  He kept being rerouted, and after almost an hour of driving (his normal drive is less than 15 minutes), his car got flooded about a mile from our house.  He and some other drivers were able to push his car into a parking lot, and then he walked the last mile home.  We thought that the car would be totaled, but we had it towed to our mechanic to be sure.  Our mechanic was able to get the engine cleaned up and started.  It was very wet inside, and it smelled terrible, so we put it in the garage with the windows down to try to dry it out.  Some friends from church were going to be out of town for a few weeks, and they let Jim borrow one of their cars.  That was a huge blessing and help as we waited to see what would happen with Jim's car.
We were fortunate that our basement didn't flood.  Many, many houses in our neighborhoods had major basement flooding, and we saw lots of houses with huge piles of ruined things from their basements out on the curbs.
Here's what I did for Week 33:
Here are Weeks 32 and 33 together:
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week!

No comments: