Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Project Life - Week 23

This week started, as usual, with Sunday at church.  I worked in Maddie's nursery that evening.
 She is so fearless!  She climbs on everything without any fear.  Her new trick this week was flipping her shopping cart on its side and standing on top of it.
 Drew finished up his first round of swimming lessons on Monday.
 I bought Drew a summer review workbook, and he's been working on it several mornings a week.  He enjoys it, and I like that he is keeping those skills fresh.
 My parents brought us a little chair that my siblings and I used to sit in when we were young.  Maddie loves it, and I find her sitting in it all the time.
 I had to have another thyroid biopsy on Wednesday morning.  It went just like the first one.  It was sore for the rest of the day, but not horrible.  We got the results back last week, and this time, they are saying that the nodule is abnormal.  I have been seeing an endocrinologist, and he had recommended, before the biopsy, that I go ahead and have surgery to remove at least part of my thyroid (just because of the size of the nodule).  Now that my biopsy results have come back as abnormal, he has told me that I should try to have the surgery this summer.  I am seeing my surgeon this week to get the surgery scheduled.
 Drew had some friends over to play on Friday afternoon.  Their mom is a good friend of mine, and she was struggling with high blood pressure during the final weeks of pregnancy.  I told her to bring the boys over for a few hours so she could rest or get some things done without them.  The boys played the Wii,
 played Balloon Lagoon,
 and played with the stomp rockets.
 It was National Donut Day that day, so after all the playing, we went to Krispy Kreme to get free donuts.
 Everyone enjoyed the donuts, and, yes, Maddie did eat that entire donut!
 This week I just did a simple page again - all 3x4 photos and one 4x6 collage.
I am linking up again with The Mom Creative.

No comments: