Friday, January 13, 2012

What We've Been Up To

We have had a great several weeks since Christmas - getting back to our new "normal" routine.
Jim is back to work, and he has actually been pretty busy, which is unusual for January. We have hardly had any snow this winter, and this past week or so, we have had temps in the 40's and 50's, so the golf course has been very busy.
Drew is back to school two mornings a week. He truly loves school, and I am so thankful that he does. He is also enjoying playing with all his Christmas gifts, and he and Jim love playing the Wii together. I've been working hard to get our house and our family ready for baby's arrival. I've been gathering things we will need, mostly at thrift stores. I've found so many cute girl clothes and several things for her nursery. I've also been washing up some of our own baby things in preparation for this new baby. This week, I washed Drew's old car seat and put it all back together. Drew let me use a George to help make sure the straps were put in correctly.


I've enjoyed getting back to couponing and CVS shopping. I'm trying to restock the house a little bit. I've also been doing a little bit of freezer cooking to give us some meals for after the baby gets here. So far, I've made two bags of Stuffed Shells, a Stromboli, and a Pizza Dough. I am planning to make several more freezer meals in the next few weeks.
I have also been scrapbooking a little bit this past week. Let's Scrap is having a January challenge to make a layout of each day of the month (LOAD). I thought this would be a fun way to get caught up a little bit before the baby comes, even if I don't actually accomplish 31 pages. I'm at 6 so far, and here they are:

These pictures are from this Halloween. Drew had so much fun being Buzz.

These pictures are from Drew's first field trip - to the apple orchard.

This was a quick and easy page about our pumpkin carving this year.

This last page is about a trip that Drew, my sister, Nora, and I took to Yogurt Mountain this past summer. Drew loved picking his own toppings!

That is pretty much what we've been doing lately. I have another ultrasound/doctor appointment this week, and I am planning to blog some recent ultrasound photos next week.

No comments: