Friday, August 13, 2010

Odds and Ends

Things have been a bit slow around our house lately. It has been so hot this summer, and we've been spending a lot of time inside.
I have a new scrapbook layout to share, based on this week's sketch at Let's Scrap. When my parents were here in May, we spent a day in Toledo, and one of our activities was a Mudhen game. We had a great time, and I was happy to get those memories scrapped.
I have been doing a little bit of cooking, and though I don't have any pictures, I do have some links to share for a few new recipes I've tried this summer.
The first two are from the Pioneer Woman. I love her blog - she is hilarious! My friend, Kristen, and I dream of going to her ranch together someday! The Pioneer Woman has some great recipes, and we have been enjoying several of them at our house this summer. The first one I want to share is her Restaurant-Style Salsa. I love salsa, and I've tried several different recipes for it before, but none of them have been great. This one is! Jim and I both really liked it. I left out the jalapeno pepper, and I thought it was spicy enough without it. Another recipe from her site that we like a lot is her Apple Dumpling recipe. Kristen told me about these, and they are so good! They call for a can of Mountain Dew, which sounds strange, but you can't really taste it! These are very easy and delicious!
Last night I tried this recipe for Olive Garden Salad. The dressing is fabulous!
I hope you are all staying cool and enjoying the end of summer!

No comments: