Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fresh Produce

I used up some fresh vegetables today, and I have a few recipes to share.
Our family loves Randazzo Market, and we love to go there to buy our fruits and vegetables. We often wait until Jim has a day off or go in the evening after Jim gets off from work so we can go as a family. They have very nice produce, a fun atmosphere, and often lower price than the grocery store. Last week, I bought some zucchini there, and I used it to make zucchini bread this morning. I used my mom's recipe - we love it! Zucchini Bread
3 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 T vanilla
1 cup oil
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 T cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups shredded zucchini
Cream eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil. Sift dry ingredients and add to first mixture. Then add zucchini. Pour into two 9-inch bread pans. Bake one hour at 350 degrees. (Do not use 8-inch pans.)

Our neighbor man has a big garden, and he gave me this big box of tomatoes yesterday. I have been wanting to try my sister, Nora's, salsa recipe that calls for fresh tomatoes, so this was perfect! I made her salsa this afternoon, and it is very good. You can find her recipe here, on her new blog.
Here is my finished salsa.
I love all the fresh fruits and vegetables of summer, and we are really enjoying many of them at our house right now!

No comments: