Friday, May 17, 2013

Project Life - Week 18

The children and I stayed home from church this Sunday because Maddie had a runny nose, and Jim was working.  Drew and Maddie played together pretty well that day, and Drew read to Maddie a little bit.
 Drew had swimming again this Monday, and Jim came to see Drew's lesson.  We had to wait for a changing room after the lesson, and Drew entertained himself by getting into some empty lockers.
 We went out for dinner at Qdoba after the swimming lesson, and Drew decided that it is his new favorite restaurant.  He loves quesadillas.  After dinner, the boys went back to the golf course to finish up a few things and play a little golf, and Maddie and I went to the grocery store.  Maddie liked looking at the fish.
 Drew's latest favorite is Star Wars.  He hasn't ever seen the movies, but he likes the little guys, and he and his friends play with the figures at school.
 Maddie and I did a little fabric shopping while Drew was at school one morning.  We were looking for some flannel to make a baby blanket for Drew's teacher, who is expecting her first baby.
 This Friday was Drew's teacher's last day of teaching, and I made cupcakes to send to school to celebrate her last day.  Maddie stole one from the table while they were cooling.
 We had some warm weather this week
 and some rainy weather.  Maddie was really strutting in her raincoat!
 The boys washed the cars one night after dinner.  Maddie loved playing in the soapy water!  She got soaked!
 Drew rinsed the cars with his squirt gun.  He is loving the warm weather and playing outside more!
 Here is my layout for this week.  I broke down and bought a Project Life mini kit this week!  Now that they are being sold at Hobby Lobby (and you can use coupons to make them cheaper!), I got one.  I am still loving Project Life, but some weeks I get bogged down in trying to find coordinating papers and journaling cards from my scraps.  I thought that a kit would be helpful for weeks when I don't have a lot of time to devote to Project Life.  I used my new Wellington mini kit this week.
I am linking up with The Mom Creative again this week.
We are looking forward to having my parents here next week.  They are coming for Drew's kindergarten graduation!  I'm sure I will have lots of fun pictures to share in the next few weeks!

No comments: