Saturday, January 12, 2013

Post Christmas Catch-Up

We've been busy getting back into a routine after Christmas and travel.  Drew went back to school last Wednesday, and then over the weekend, we had two family birthday parties!  Last Saturday, our nephew, Danny, had his sixth birthday party.  The party was at Pump It Up.  Drew is a very cautious little guy, so we tried to give him a pep talk before the party about how much fun he would have if he was brave.  He decided to be brave and start at the big slide.  Here is is going up the steps.
 And here he is coming right back down!
 I ended up having to go down the slide with him three times before he decided he could do it on his own.  Here was our first time.  Those feet you see coming down behind me hit me in the back a few seconds after this picture was taken.  Ouch!
 The first two times we went down together holding hands.  The third time, I gave Drew a shove, and let him go down on his own.  He ended up loving it, and he went down the slide many more times all by himself.
 He also went through a big obstacle tunnel.
 Maddie hung out with the adults.  She loves to chew on Jim's hoodie drawstrings.
 Maddie and Aunt Sharon.
 She liked climbing around on the mats.
 She thought she was stuck,
 but Jim came and rescued her.
 Uncle Larry tried to help her walk a little bit.
 We moved to another room after a little while, and Drew loved shooting these little cannons.  We loved his goggles!
 Watching the birthday boy open his presents.
 Drew, Maddie, and I all had colds this past week.  We spent a lot of time in our jammies when we were at home.
 Maddie got a ton of new hair bows from my mom and sister at Christmas.  I added them to Maddie's bow holder, and it is really looking full now!
 Our niece, Lilly, had her fourth birthday party on Sunday afternoon.  I didn't get many pictures of her party, but I got one of Drew with the pinata.  He had fun playing with his cousins again that afternoon.
Jim's mom is still recovering at home.  She saw her doctor this week, and he gave her some more information about her blood clots.  She actually has blood clots in both lungs, as well as in one of her legs, and he said that her situation was really quite serious.  She was fortunate to get to the hospital in time for treatment.  She is going to have to take it easy for a while so that the blood thinners can do their job.  Jim has spent some time this week helping her with some things at her apartment and with some errands that she is unable to run herself.  We are praying that she will continue to improve and that she can start getting back to some of her normal activities in the next month or so.
I am planning to post again on Tuesday with a new project I am working on.  I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

becka said...

I like your "quilty" background!