Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kindergarten!

 Our little Drew started kindergarten this morning!  Although the first day of kindergarten is a milestone that reminds us of how quickly Drew is growing up, we feel very blessed that he is healthy and that he is growing into such a sweet, smart young man.  He was very excited for today, and he was definitely ready.
Here are a few shots from our rushed pre-departure-for-school photo shoot.

 This is Drew with his teacher.  We have known her for several years, and we are excited for Drew to be in her class.
Jim and Maddie, waiting for the children to be dismissed to their classrooms.
 Drew at his table.  He is seated at a table with three girls.  I think that seating arrangement was very wise of his teacher!
Drew's class - there are 12 students enrolled in his class so far this year.
When I arrived to pick Drew up from school, he seemed very serious.  He had a runny nose and the  hiccups when he got in the van.  I was a little concerned because he is normally pretty cheerful and upbeat.  He was quiet the whole way home, even when I tried to find out about his day.  As we pulled into our garage, he started to cry, and he told me that he didn't want to go back to kindergarten.  When I asked him why, he said it was because he had gotten the hiccups!  He wanted to go right in his bed as soon as we got home, and he slept for about an hour and a half.  He seemed better when he woke up, but he told me that he had a headache and that his head was hurting at school.  We are hoping that he feels better and that he will be able to be at school for Day 2 of kindergarten tomorrow!
 I made Drew's teacher a little beginning of the year gift.  She loves coffee, so I made her a pencil mug sleeve, using this pattern.
I also made her a loaf of zucchini bread, one of Drew's favorites!  I wrapped the bread in plastic wrap, and wrapped a strip of school-themed scrapbook paper around it and taped it underneath.  I tied the mug sleeve to the top of the bread and added a tag with a little note.  I thought it all turned out pretty well, and I hope she likes it too!
We are praying for a good year of school, and we are excited for all that Drew will learn this year!

No comments: