Friday, April 29, 2011

Camera Strap Slipcover

My friend, Kristen, celebrated her birthday a couple weeks ago, and since she loves photography and has a nice camera, I decided to make her a camera strap slipcover. I had seen lots of examples of slipcovers on-line, but my favorites had ruffles, and I decided to make a ruffled one for Kristen. I found this tutorial, and then I added the ruffle myself. I used knit fabric for the ruffle to make it feel soft and so it wouldn't ravel.

It is just a long tube that slides right onto the strap and can be easily removed.

This was a very east project, and Kristen said that the cover fit her Nikon strap well.

I am saving for a nicer, dslr camera, and when I get one, I will be making a cute strap cover of my own! One of the ways I am trying to save money for a camera is by using my Swagbucks to buy Amazon gift cards. If you haven't tried Swagbucks, I would encourage you to try it. It is a search engine (similar to Google), and you are randomly rewarded "swagbucks" when you do internet searches. You can redeem you swagbucks for prizes. I like to use mine to get Amazon gift cards, and in the past couple years, Jim and I have probably earned about $200 worth of Amazon gift cards by using Swagbucks. It is free to use, and it is so easy! If you would like to sign up for Swagbucks, I have a link on the sidebar of my blog. We love Swagbucks (and the rewards)!

1 comment:

becka said...

For some reason I can't comment on the wreath post. It was very cute. I think we should make one when we come to visit. :)