Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bridal Shower Gift Idea

One of the pastors at our church is getting remarried this month after losing his first wife to cancer a few years ago. Our church had a shower for the bride this week. When I went to look at her registry, I was amazed to see that just about everything had been purchased already. I was trying to figure out what I could give her, and I remembered this glass etching tutorial I had seen. I have been wanting to etch our last name on one of my glass dishes for a while, and I thought that maybe the new bride might like to have a personalized dish too. I bought a Pyrex casserole dish with a lid, some contact paper, and some etching cream. I used my Cricut to cut out their last name on a piece of contact paper. (My letters were 1 1/4 inch.) Then, I stuck the contact paper "stencil" on the side of the dish, brushed on the etching cream, and let it sit for 10 minutes. I was a little nervous as I rinsed off the etching cream, but when I peeled away the contact paper, there was their name! This was a very simple project, and I will probably do this again in the future.
The new bride is all ready for her first church potluck, and she probably won't lose her dish!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Great idea! I can't wait to see our get-togethers peppered with personalized dishes!