Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Peach Shortcake

This past week, I had some fresh peaches, and I decided to look for a peach shortcake recipe. I found Paula Deen's recipe and made it. It was delicious! I made a few changes, so here is how I made it. Peach Shortcake
Shortcakes:
2 cups Bisquick - I used my mom's recipe, here
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 T melted butter
3/4 tsp. almond flavoring
Peaches:
2-3 peaches
2-3 T sugar
Splash of warm water
Topping:
Cool Whip
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix Bisquick, sugar, milk, butter, and almond flavoring, and pour into 6 muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes until done and remove from oven. Cool for five minutes and pop out of pans.
Peel, core, and slice the peaches. Sprinkle them with a little bit of sugar, and add a splash of warm water. Stir the sugar into the peaches.
To assemble, split the biscuit in half and place bottom half on a plate. Top with sliced peaches and Cool Whip. Place top half of biscuit over peaches and Cool Whip. Enjoy - we sure did!

1 comment:

becka said...

Is Coo Whip what pidgeons eat? :)