Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Guest Room Projects

As we prepared for Drew's birth, we switched our guest room into a nursery and our office/computer room into a guest room. For the past two years, our guest room has been a hodge podge of flowers and golf (which were the themes of our old guest room and office - now combined). I have wanted a more cohesive look in the guest room for a while now, so I decided to do a little makeover in there, which I hope to finish before my parents come to visit us the first week of July. I've been trying to keep my changes as inexpensive as possible, and I've been having fun coming up with pretty and cost-effective ways to beautify the space.
I made these throw pillows this week. I made them out of place mats that I bought on clearance from Marshall's. I just stitched two place mats almost all the way around and then stuffed them and finished stitching them. They are reversible - one side is blue with white dots, and the other side is white with blue dots. I bought this mirror from my favorite thrift store for $5. It was pretty nice as it was, but I cleaned up the frame and then spray painted it with a fresh coat of cream paint. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
We are hoping to paint the walls a light blue and get some new window treatments in the next few weeks.

No comments: