Sunday, April 5, 2009

Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl


This recipe is originally from a Kraft Magazine. I found it posted on a friend's Facebook page and made it this weekend. It was very good and very easy.

3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
3 Tbsp sugar
2 pkg. (8 oz) Cream cheese - Softened
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg (3/4 oz) Vanilla Instant pudding
2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided
2 cups frozen pound cake cubes (1 inch cubes) - I baked my pound cake myself.
1 square Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate (I just used some semi-sweet chocolate chips.)

Combine berries and sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use. Beat Cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add Pudding mix - mix very well. Blend in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip. (I accidentally put all the Cool Whip in, and it was totally fine.) Spoon half of mixture into a 2 1/2 qt bowl. Top with cake cubes, berries and remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate 4 hours. Melt chocolate and drizzle over the top of the dessert. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of Cool Whip.

I also melted additional chocolate and dipped a few strawberries to use as a garnish for the dessert.

I divided this into two parts and sent half to the Scallys with dinner on Friday night, and I saved the other half for us. We really liked it, and I will definitely make this again.


I used my mom's recipe for the pound cake. Here it is:

1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a tube pan. Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Pour batter into pan. Bake 45 - 55 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 25 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely.

1 comment:

Danielle Holsapple said...

Hey! I just wanted you to know I saw your ADORABLE card for the challenge! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along! AND Thank you for this recipe - looks delish!