Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Project Life - Week 33

We usually stop and pick up a quick dinner after church on Sunday night, and the current family favorite place to stop is the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut near our house.  Maddie likes the bread sticks, and this time, she decided to try the tomato dipping sauce.  It was a little spicy, and she was not happy about that!
About a week out from my surgery, I finally felt strong enough to leave the house a little bit.  If I am outside my house these days, I pretty much always have a scarf around my neck!
 Jim took me to my post-op appointment with the surgeon, and then we stopped at a new (to us) location of our favorite fruit and vegetable market.  This store was even bigger than ours and had some fun things that our regular store doesn't have.  We loved it!

 Jim has been talking about a Detroit donut shop called, "Dutch Girl Donuts," for years.  He brought some home this week, and we all loved them!
 They were delicious!
 My friend, Kristen, stopped by with a basket full of scarves from the girls in my Sunday School class.  It was such a kind gesture and such an encouragement to me!
 Drew and Maddie can play so nicely together sometimes.  I found them watching a movie together like this one morning.
 Drew has also been reading to Maddie a little bit.  Maddie loves books, and she brings them to whoever is around.
 She read with Grandma Esther one morning while Jim and I were at an appointment.
 I drove for the first time post-surgery on Saturday of this week.  The kids and I went out to the golf course to eat lunch with Jim.
I started trying to wean Drew off his afternoon naps this week since school was coming soon, and he wasn't going to be able to nap any more.  He got worn out a few of the afternoons, and I would find him lying down in some strange places.
Here is what I did for Project Life this week.
I am linking up again at The Mom Creative.

No comments: