Saturday, December 11, 2010

Some Scrapbook Pages (and a little news)

I have a few recent layouts to share. They are all made from sketches from Let's Scrap.
This first one is about our evening at Zoo Boo. I had fun making the little banner.
This layout uses some older photos from a banana box sale we went to in Greenville a year or so ago. These sales are so much fun, and I love that you can fill a box with so many great things for only $7! I always hope that a banana box sale is scheduled during our visits, and lately, there haven't been any. Maybe next time!
I took some cute pictures of Drew playing in the leaves, and I made this layout with a few of my favorites.
This last layout is about the Lion's game we went to in August. It is based on this week's sketch at Let's Scrap.
I got an exciting e-mail this past week! I had submitted a few pages to Scrapbook News and Review e-magazine a while ago, and I really didn't expect anything to happen. I had pretty much forgotten about sending them in, and then I got an e-mail saying that they were going to publish my pages in a special Christmas magazine. These are my first published pages, and I am pretty excited! The magazine with my pages will be published this Sunday evening, but you have to be a subscriber to see it. I know that most of my blog-followers are not scrapbookers, but I just had to share this fun news. :)
I also want to give a little update on Jim's job. He is still unemployed. We are really enjoying having him at home, but we will also be thrilled to have him go back to work. He met yesterday with his future boss to discuss specifics about his new position. He was told that when he goes back, he will be getting a promotion and a raise, so that was exciting to us. We are still just waiting for the contracts to be finalized. There is a small possibility that something could happen before Christmas, but things will probably not be settled until January. We would appreciate your continued prayers that everything will be wrapped up quickly!

1 comment:

Bev said...

megan, I am so happy for you that you are going to be published. Congratulations!!! Will keep you in my prayers for a swift finalisation of your husband's contract.