Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Homemade Marshmallows and the Polar Express

We had a special movie night at our house last Friday. Since Drew loves trains, we had decided to buy him the Polar Express DVD and have a movie night one night before Christmas. In anticipation of our movie night, I baked some cookies and planned to make hot chocolate. Earlier in the week, I saw this homemade marshmallow tutorial and knew that I needed to try to make some to go with our hot chocolate. They were pretty easy, and very tasty! Here is my pan of marshmallows as they were setting up. Here is the bowl of finished marshmallows.
Drew was very excited when he unwrapped his Polar Express DVD.
Our treats on my fun dessert plates. I found these at my favorite thrift store a couple of years ago, and they are the same pattern as my dishes. I cut the marshmallows into smaller pieces for our hot chocolate.
We all enjoyed our treats as we watched the movie.
Drew really loved it, and he was especially excited when Santa came on.
This will probably become a new Christmas tradition at our house. It really was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your homemade marshmallows look awesome! ...especially stuffed into a mug of hot cocoa! :)

Megan said...

Thank you! They were delicious! :)