Saturday, September 12, 2009

Caramel Dip

I was feeling fallish the other day, and I decided to make my first batch of caramel dip of the season. My mom gave me this recipe, and it is great as a dip for apples or warmed up and used as a sauce on ice cream or apple pie. It is very easy to make, and we all love it! Caramel Dip

1 stick margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla

In a 2 quart sauce pan melt margarine over low heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk, stirring to combine. Increase heat to just below medium. Stir constantly until liquid comes to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.

1 comment:

becka said...

I need to make a batch of that dip, but I used my sweetened condensed milk today to make a batch of ice cream. It's a new recipe that I'm trying that you just mix together and then stick in the freezer. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)