Friday, December 19, 2008

Foccacia

I made this foccacia bread last night for dinner using a recipe from my mom. We all three enjoyed it. Drew was a little confused when he saw me pull it out of the oven. He called it "pia." He is into pizza these days. I served it with soup, but we will use the rest of it for sandwiches.

Foccacia

Dough:
1 cup water
1 1/2 T olive oil
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. yeast
Topping:
2 T olive oil
1 clove garlic
Can top with herbs and parmesan - fresh is best.) I used Italian Seasoning and Rosemary.
Use the dough cycle on your bread machine.
After the dough has risen, put it on a baking stone. Shape into a circle about 1 inch thick. Let rise until doubled.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes over the top of the dough. Combine oil and garlic and drizzle over the dough. Sprinkle with herbs and/or cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes. One loaf serves 5 or 6 people.


We are in the midst of a big snow storm. Jim has the day off, and he blew all the snow off the driveway and sidewalk with his snow blower this morning. It might still need to happen again before the day is done. We are planning to take Drew out to play in the snow a little later today. I'll be sure to post pictures if we do it.

I plan to use my time of being "snowed-in" to finish up a few last Christmas gifts and some baking.

1 comment:

becka said...

I forgot about that recipe! Looks good. :)