Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies



I had to bake cookies today for the children's program at church tomorrow night. I made Jim's family recipe, which is quite popular around here. I made just enough for church, and Jim and Drew were pretty sad about that. Drew still tried to get some anyway.

Here's the recipe:

Hawkins Family Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups Crisco (I use butter flavored)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 T vanilla
1 tsp. water
4 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
12 oz. chocolate chips

Cream sugars, Crisco, vanilla, water, and eggs. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for eight minutes.

Don't worry. I did give Drew a cookie. Jim, however, did not get any. Sadly, this afternoon, he came down with the stomach flu that Drew and I had last week. We are hoping that he will feel better soon.

2 comments:

Rob said...

One of your cookies sounds pretty good, Meg. We're sorry to hear that Jim has now come down with the stomach flu. We hope that it will be long gone by the time we see you all next week. No one here is anxious to experience it ourselves. :-)

Love,
Dad

Megan said...

Thanks, Dad. Jim is still not feeling great, but I'm sure he'll be well before we leave for Greenville.
I tried to add the spam-stopper where you have to type a word to leave a comment, but I don't see it here. Was it there for you when you left a comment? I wondered if I can't see it because it is my blog or because it isn't there.