Saturday, November 24, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

We had a very nice Thanksgiving this year, with three Thanksgiving dinners (at least for Drew and me)! 
Our first Thanksgiving celebration was at Drew's kindergarten class lunch on Tuesday.  We were assigned the mashed potatoes.  I grabbed a 10 pound bag of potatoes for $0.99 at Aldi, and cooked them up on Monday.  I told Jim that I felt like I was on K.P. duty in the military with all the potato peeling, but they turned out well!
 Drew and his buddy, Joseph.
 The class recited Psalm 100,
 and then they said a little poem about some fat little turkeys.
 Maddie was a good girl at the party.
I made Maddie's turkey shirt, and she wore it for all of our Thanksgiving events.  I used this tutorial, and I was really happy with how it turned out!
Drew enjoyed some Thanksgiving chicken nuggets (that was a good idea for 5 year-olds!) and corn.
 It was fun to be able to be a mom at the dinner and not a teacher.  Those events are always a lot of work!
That evening, we had our second Thanksgiving dinner and a praise service at church.  I made this pumpkin cake and a jello salad.
We spent Thanksgiving afternoon at Jim's sister and brother-in-law's house.  Jim's sister always cooks a big, delicious dinner, and everyone else brings appetizers and desserts.  I brought a salad and some cupcakes.
Drew had another chicken nugget dinner, and he ate pretty well.
Maddie was a good eater too.  I had brought her some turkey and sweet potato baby food, but she ended up nibbling on table food with her Aunt Sharon instead.  She ate a cracker, part of a roll, some mashed potatoes, and some sweet potatoes.
We had a very nice time with family, and I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving too.  We have so much to be grateful for.  We are very blessed!

No comments: