Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

We had a very nice Father's Day yesterday.  Jim had to work in the morning (Father's Day is pretty much the busiest golf day of the year), but he got off mid-afternoon, and we were able to spend the rest of the day with him.  We had a family party that evening, and I took a few pictures of Jim with the children when we got home from the party.
 Maddie is getting so chubby!
 We think she might be teething.  She sucks on her fingers and hands a lot, and she is drooling all over everything!  Speaking of teeth, Drew lost his second tooth yesterday afternoon before the party!
 I was asked to bring a dessert to the party last night, and I decided to make fruit pizza.  It was delicious!
 I made mine on a cookie sheet instead of on a pizza pan for easier cutting and serving.
We are already trying to think of a reason to make this fruit pizza again. We really liked it!  Here's how I made it:

Fruit Pizza
Crust:
1 package Betty Crocker sugar cookie dough mix (I had planned to make this from scratch, but I remembered that I had this cookie mix in my cupboard and decided to save a little time on this step.)
1 stick of butter, softened
1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cookie mix, butter, and egg.  Pat dough down evenly onto a 9x13 inch cookie sheet.  Spread it all the way to the sides of the pan.  Bake for 12 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

Topping:
1 package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
2 cups marshmallow cream (I made mine using this recipe.)
Mix cream cheese and marshmallow cream completely (I used my KitchenAid mixer with the whisk attachment).  Spread topping on cooled cookie crust, spreading it toward the outer edges, but leaving a bit of the crust uncovered - like a pizza!
Cut pizza into bars (I cut mine into 18), and then top each bar with your choice of fruit.  I used sliced strawberries, mandarin oranges, and blackberries.
I hope you all had a very nice Father's Day!  We are looking forward to seeing my parents next week when they come to visit us!

No comments: