Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taco Soup

This is my version of a Taco Soup recipe that I was given by my friend, Beth Scally. Jim and I love it! The original recipe calls for many more beans, and while I like beans a lot, Jim thought that they were a little excessive, so I cut them back a bit. The original recipe also makes a huge amount of soup, and this makes a more manageable amount. Here's the recipe:

Taco Soup
1 pound ground beef
2 cans white corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes with mild chilis
1 package ranch dressing mix
1/2 package taco seasoning mix
Brown and drain the beef. Add canned vegetables, liquids and all, and seasonings. Simmer for two hours. Serve topped with shredded cheese and crunched up tortilla chips. (I've also tried sour cream and chopped avocados on top before - both were very good!)
This is such a quick and easy recipe, and it can be done in the crockpot or on the stovetop.

No comments: