Friday, September 23, 2011

200th Post!

I noticed a few months ago that I was getting close to 200 posts, but I had no idea that it would take me so long to get there! I just haven't had that much to post about lately - not many craft projects or new recipes happening at my house these days!
I am 16 weeks today, and pregnancy-wise, I've been feeling pretty good. I have been regaining energy, and my blood pressure has been great. This week, I've felt the baby move a few times. It is usually low on my left side, and most of the time, it has felt like a rolling pressure. One afternoon, I felt some flutters across the center of my belly. I've been battling a cough and congestion for the past month, and I think that if I could just completely get over these cold/allergy symptoms, I would feel great. Here is a picture of me from this morning (at 16 weeks).My next OB appointment is October 4, and our ultrasound is scheduled for October 12. We are hoping to find out the baby's gender that day, and we are also hoping to hear that baby is developing well.
My birthday was last Saturday, and I had a really nice day. Jim had a day off - which is pretty rare for a Saturday in September. He usually has outings to run every weekend, but there weren't any scheduled for that day! He took me out for dinner on Friday night, and then he and Drew made me a cheesecake on Saturday morning. It has a turtle cheesecake, and it was delicious!

I meant to take a picture of a slice of cheesecake, but I forgot to take one! I was too busy eating to stop and photograph, I guess!

Drew had a soccer practice that afternoon, and he had a great time! Here they were playing a dribbling game, which included dropping to the ground. I think that was his favorite part!

They had a little scrimmage, and Drew was upset this week that the other kids weren't sharing the ball with him. He didn't want to try to take the ball away from anyone. We tried to explain that taking the ball was pretty much the way to have a turn with it. I don't know that his feet touched the ball at all during the scrimmage. Hopefully, he will catch on before the end of the season.

At the end of each practice, the children walk through a tunnel of cheering parents, and I snapped this picture of Drew as he walked past.

Snacks at the end are the favorite part, and Drew ate his with his buddy, Joseph.

Jim's mom took us out for dinner for my birthday after soccer practice. Drew fell asleep in the van on the way to the restaurant. He has to miss his nap for soccer each week, and all the running wears him out!

Drew has his first field trip coming up soon. I will try to post pictures from that, and I will definitely post some ultrasound pictures and results after we get those!

No comments: