Friday, March 21, 2014

M&M Pudding Cookies

Earlier this year, I discovered a recipe for M&M pudding cookies, and they have been quite popular at our house!  I am planning to make them again this weekend for our school's open house, and I thought I would share the recipe here on my blog.  I use less chocolate chips and M&M's than the original recipe, so I am sharing the recipe the way I make it.
M&M Pudding Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini M&M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar.  Add egg and vanilla, and combine.  Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt, and mix until well combined.  Add chocolate chips and M&M's.
Scoop onto cookie sheet with a small cookie scoop.  Bake 10-12 minutes until cooked through.  Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, and then move cookies to a rack to finish cooling.  Makes about 2 dozen cookies.  

No comments: